Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in Clarksville, TN? Paying low cost prices for auto insurance is challenging for beginners to buying insurance online. With dozens of insurance companies available, it can easily turn into hard work to find more affordable prices on auto insurance.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Clarksville could save about 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Auto insurance companies offering low-cost rates in Tennessee
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Clarksville, TN. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Clarksville, click here.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Tennessee minimum liability coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is still important in Clarksville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Clarksville who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Clarksville are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Clarksville should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
One last thing to lower rates
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, high prices or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
When searching for cheap Clarksville car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Clarksville can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Clarksville agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.