Confused by the dozens of insurance providers available to you? There are so many providers available that it can be a ton of work to find better insurance rates for Kia Optima insurance in Memphis. Memphis is a good city to live in, but the high cost of insurance can make it nearly impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers could save about $860 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Buying the most affordable protection in Memphis is quite easy. In a nutshell, each driver who has to buy car insurance stands a good chance to find better rates. But Tennessee car owners must learn how companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can affect rates substantially.
Careless Memphis drivers pay higher rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Kia Optima insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Optima, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Optima definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts can help to save on Kia Optima insurance in Memphis
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Discount - Seniors could receive reduced rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current Optima insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Memphis auto insurance online.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new Optima can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good student, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
If you want affordable Memphis auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Memphis. To see companies with discount rates in Tennessee, click here.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Memphis who can help you get price quote information for Kia Optima insurance in Memphis.
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 362-6052 - View Map
- Collier Insurance
606 S Mendenhall Rd #200 - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 529-2900 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 - Memphis, TN 38122 - (901) 266-5507 - View Map
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 - Memphis, TN 38120 - (901) 753-4323 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does their agency support local causes in Memphis?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Kia Optima
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Tennessee drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Optima to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/15 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, repair bills for other people's vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, chiropractic care and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Kia Optima insurance premium rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Memphis can be sourced from both online companies and with local Memphis insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tennessee Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Franklin, TN? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tennessee Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tennessee Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)