Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Chevy Cruze in Tennessee can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Chevy and locate the best price possible from Chattanooga insurance agents and online providers.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers in Tennessee have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save up to $860 every year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's a good habit to check insurance prices before your next renewal because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Chattanooga two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to find lower rates on insurance.
Most of the larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give coverage prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Chattanooga can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to do this if you want to get the best rate possible.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Tennessee. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don't overlook these Chevy Cruze insurance discounts
Companies don't always list every discount very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Chattanooga can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, new car, continuous insurance, early quote, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, air bags, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, safety features, preferred payment discount, new graduate, new move discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Chattanooga.
Can't I compare prices from local Chattanooga insurance agencies?
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Chattanooga.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chattanooga who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chattanooga who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- HOLA INSURANCE AGENCY CHATTANOOGA
5822 Old Lee Hwy - Chattanooga, TN 37421 - (423) 475-2085 - View Map
- Agency Insurance Group
6505 Old Lee Hwy - Chattanooga, TN 37421 - (423) 892-8778 - View Map
- River City Insurance
3320 Dayton Blvd - Chattanooga, TN 37415 - (423) 843-2552 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Chattanooga that can give you price quotes.
- Larry Pyatt - State Farm Insurance Agent
252 Signal Mountain Blvd - Chattanooga, TN 37405 - (423) 265-8580 - View Map
- Hank DeHart - State Farm Insurance Agent
821 E Main St - Chattanooga, TN 37408 - (423) 777-5300 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Group
7030 Lee Hwy Ste 102 - Chattanooga, TN 37421 - (423) 653-8126 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chattanooga?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
After you get reasonable responses for all questions you ask and cheap Cruze insurance quotes, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind you can always cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never assume you're contractually obligated to a policy with no way out.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting the best insurance coverage, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Chattanooga
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Being married equates to better prices - Your spouse may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Bundle policies and save money - Some car insurance companies will give a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare Chevy Cruze rates in Chattanooga to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Extra policy coverages that may not be needed - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Never go without car insurance - Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Lower car insurance rates with alarm systems - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
The more you drive the more you pay - Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Cruze may be wasting your money. Make sure your car insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Premiums increase with driving tickets - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. People who have flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Cruze - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Cruze insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Chattanooga, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap coverage is out there
Some car insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Chattanooga can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chattanooga, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
When searching for affordable Chattanooga car insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chattanooga car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Collierville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tennessee Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Kingsport, TN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tennessee Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cookeville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Jackson, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)