Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Chevy Equinox insurance in Knoxville? Sick and tired of sacrificing to insure your Chevy every month? You are in the same boat as most other consumers in Tennessee.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of Tennessee drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save an average of $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates.
Many insurers compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute cheapest price on Chevy Equinox insurance in Knoxville.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Equinox insurance in Knoxville is to know the trick almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information like the ages of drivers, if the car is leased, your occupation, and if you are currently licensed. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Knoxville, TN. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$174||$342||$376||$22||$112||$1,026||$86|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$244||$516||$350||$20||$104||$1,234||$103|
|Equinox LS AWD||$174||$320||$278||$16||$82||$870||$73|
|Equinox LT AWD||$202||$372||$390||$24||$116||$1,104||$92|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$134||$274||$326||$20||$98||$852||$71|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$312||$650||$390||$24||$116||$1,492||$124|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$218||$450||$278||$16||$82||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in zip code location which can impact rates considerably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevrolet Equinox insurance premiums for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, easy pay, good student, business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, homeowners, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Knoxville. To choose car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Knoxville, click here.
Auto insurance in Tennessee serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Equinox but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Knoxville car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Knoxville.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Knoxville who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Knoxville agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you include a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Knoxville who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Knoxville that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?