Are you doing reasearch to find more competitive Chevy Silverado insurance in Chattanooga? Having to pay for expensive Chevrolet Silverado insurance in Chattanooga can bottom out your savings account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Chattanooga can cut their rates by almost $480 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Vehicle owners have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Silverado insurance in Chattanooga is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information like if you have a valid license, if it has an alarm system, level of coverage desired, and your occupation. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$356||$394||$24||$118||$1,082||$90|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$104||$200||$326||$20||$98||$748||$62|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$202||$372||$440||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$254||$376||$428||$26||$128||$1,212||$101|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$118||$232||$304||$18||$90||$762||$64|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$126||$218||$298||$18||$90||$750||$63|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$298||$368||$22||$110||$954||$80|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$332||$20||$100||$926||$77|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$350||$294||$18||$88||$948||$79|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$350||$368||$22||$110||$1,026||$86|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$450||$278||$16||$82||$1,044||$87|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$518||$332||$20||$100||$1,242||$104|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$216||$434||$368||$22||$110||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$444||$428||$26||$128||$1,314||$110|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$368||$272||$16||$82||$932||$78|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$242||$596||$326||$20||$98||$1,282||$107|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$196||$424||$326||$20||$98||$1,064||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific Chattanooga garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims increase Chevrolet Silverado premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
These ten discounts can cut Chevy Silverado insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chattanooga auto insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driving Data Discount - Chattanooga drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Silverado insurance in Chattanooga.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Chattanooga. To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chattanooga.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Chattanooga who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Chattanooga are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Chattanooga independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Chattanooga that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Chattanooga, get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Which is the best car insurance?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, surgery and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Silverado resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Silverado to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Chevy Silverado.
Due to the fact that many Tennessee drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/15 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
We've covered some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Silverado insurance car insurance rates in Chattanooga. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you're price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tennessee Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Oak Ridge, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)