Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis? Say no more because many Memphis drivers feel the same as you.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Memphis could cut their rates by 35% a year, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company. Vehicle owners have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis.
It's important to get comparison quotes yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. There are lots of tips to save on F-150 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some great ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Memphis.
Learn How to Buy Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Where you reside plays a part - Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large Tennessee cities tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Tennessee motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Bad credit will cost you - Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Ford F-150 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Insurance rates and your vocation - Jobs such as military personnel, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay higher premium rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Liability protection safeguards assets - Liability coverage is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Ford F-150 historical loss data - Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare free Memphis Ford F-150 insurance rate quotes
Most larger insurance companies provide coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process doesn't take much effort as you simply enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these factors. The ability to get online quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to do this if you are searching for the best auto insurance rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$168||$250||$326||$20||$98||$862||$72|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$152||$282||$376||$22||$112||$944||$79|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$186||$362||$304||$18||$90||$960||$80|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$104||$190||$326||$20||$98||$738||$62|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$110||$178||$298||$18||$90||$694||$58|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$126||$178||$298||$18||$90||$710||$59|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$156||$256||$326||$20||$98||$856||$71|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$226||$340||$298||$18||$90||$972||$81|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$106||$162||$272||$16||$82||$638||$53|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$226||$340||$298||$18||$90||$972||$81|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$194||$378||$22||$114||$866||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$350||$20||$104||$834||$70|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$192||$302||$304||$18||$90||$906||$76|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$212||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$280||$368||$288||$18||$86||$1,040||$87|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$176||$256||$326||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$158||$252||$272||$16||$82||$780||$65|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$134||$232||$304||$18||$90||$778||$65|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$278||$298||$18||$90||$870||$73|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$150||$268||$376||$22||$112||$928||$77|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$368||$294||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$152||$272||$350||$20||$104||$898||$75|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$298||$326||$20||$98||$918||$77|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$196||$342||$376||$22||$112||$1,048||$87|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$160||$258||$278||$16||$82||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$196||$404||$376||$22||$112||$1,110||$93|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$194||$368||$272||$16||$82||$932||$78|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$136||$236||$278||$16||$82||$748||$62|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$168||$274||$294||$18||$88||$842||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$304||$518||$294||$18||$88||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can change price quotes noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cautious Memphis drivers save money
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims drive up Ford F-150 annual premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Is there truth in advertising?
Tennessee consumers can't get away from all the ads for auto insurance savings from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make the point about how much you will save after switching your policy.
How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company? Here is how they do it.
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable risk profile could be a married female, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anybody that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Memphis and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Consumers who are not a match for these criteria will probably be forced to pay higher rates which translates to the customer buying from someone else. The ads say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can make claims like that. Because of these techniques, it's extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It's impossible to know which company will have better premium rates than you're paying now.
Protect more than your Ford vehicle
Even though Memphis F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford F-150 with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Tennessee is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on F-150 insurance in Memphis.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used F-150 can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper premium rates.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, homeowners, driver training, and automatic seat belts.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, new car, farm vehicle, FullPay discount, and premier discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see car insurance companies who offer free Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Memphis, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Memphis that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Memphis?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Memphis that are able to give rate quotes.
If you get acceptable answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Tennessee?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
One last note
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Memphis is attainable online and with local Memphis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tennessee Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)