Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Chattanooga, TN? Chattanooga buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Ford Focus insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Ford and find the best price possible.
Our objective in writing this article is to introduce you to how to compare rates easily and some money-saving tips. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using this information. Consumers just need to use the proper methods to buy insurance using one simple form.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance Cheaper
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Ford Focus is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your Focus policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Optional features that lower rates - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets - Liability insurance will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Loss probability for a Ford Focus - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Focus Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
First Step: Get free Ford Focus insurance quotes
Finding cheaper auto insurance quotes is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tennessee. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$298||$326||$20||$98||$878||$73|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$232||$304||$18||$90||$748||$62|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$444||$378||$22||$114||$1,180||$98|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$278||$378||$22||$114||$928||$77|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$598||$424||$26||$126||$1,412||$118|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$274||$368||$22||$110||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific Chattanooga garaging location which can change price quotes greatly.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Focus annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Focus settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap Chattanooga car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Ford can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in every state. To view providers who offer cheap Ford Focus insurance quotes in Tennessee, click here.
Local Chattanooga car insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is still important in Chattanooga.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chattanooga that give free quotes for your business. You won't even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Chattanooga agents are either independent or exclusive. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Chattanooga independent agencies who may provide rate quotes.
- Brock Insurance Agency
218 Manufacturers Rd - Chattanooga, TN 37405 - (423) 362-5745 - View Map
- Knox Associated Insurance
1402 Altamaha St - Chattanooga, TN 37412 - (423) 855-1544 - View Map
- Doug Hess Insurance
122 Lee Pkwy Dr # 103 - Chattanooga, TN 37421 - (423) 894-4282 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chattanooga willing to provide price quote information.
- Nancy Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
6016 Shallowford Rd #1100 - Chattanooga, TN 37421 - (423) 622-1534 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Edward Hensley
4121 Hixson Pike - Chattanooga, TN 37415 - (423) 805-9880 - View Map
- Jeff Greeson State Farm Insurance
5607 Ringgold Rd - Chattanooga, TN 37412 - (423) 893-7425 - View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing your policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Focus is totaled?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Focus?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
When getting Chattanooga auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented many ideas to find lower-cost Ford Focus insurance in Chattanooga. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford Focus insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Cleveland, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)