Buying the cheapest Memphis Nissan Altima insurance quotes on the web can seem to be rather challenging for consumers new to comparing prices on the web. With such a large number of online companies, how are we expected to have a chance to compare all the different companies and get better prices?
Sadly, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,400, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
You should take the time to shop coverage around on a regular basis because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Nissan Altima insurance in Memphis a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the quickest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Locating the best rates in Memphis is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who quotes insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. But Tennessee vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find the best rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Memphis, TN. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$388||$326||$20||$98||$1,024||$85|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$450||$278||$16||$82||$1,020||$85|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$434||$294||$18||$88||$1,078||$90|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$216||$438||$306||$18||$92||$1,070||$89|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$544||$390||$24||$116||$1,354||$113|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Memphis which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Nissan Altima insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Altima insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Altima insurance in Memphis
Car insurance is expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current Altima insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Memphis auto insurance quotes online.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Memphis auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Gender as a rate factor - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your Altima policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Protect yourself with liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices - Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Type of car determines base rates - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the Nissan Altima is a sedan, insurance will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Memphis.
Use credit responsibly and save - Credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Altima if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
Nissan Altima statistical loss data - Insurers factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Altima Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Memphis insurance agency
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Memphis who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Any good agent in Memphis should know the answers to these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
The following is a list of insurers in Memphis that may be able to provide price quotes for Nissan Altima insurance in Memphis.
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave - Memphis, TN 38112 - (901) 458-1630 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Goodrich
3725 Riverdale Rd Ste 4 - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 794-0080 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Calvit Ratcliffe
5865 Ridgeway Center Pkwy #300 - Memphis, TN 38120 - (901) 761-6083 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 365-2008 - View Map
Cover all your bases
We just presented some good ideas how you can shop for Nissan Altima insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests or even poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Budget-conscious Nissan Altima insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Memphis insurance agents, so you need to quote Memphis auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Morristown, TN? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Nashville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tennessee Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tennessee Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tennessee Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Jackson, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)