How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced Ford Fiesta insurance in Memphis? Getting the most affordable Memphis Ford Fiesta insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for drivers new to comparing rates and buying car insurance on the internet. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, how are drivers expected to even start to compare them all to find the lowest price?
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in America could save about 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Memphis last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Obtaining price quotes for affordable auto insurance in Memphis is not as hard as you may think. Virtually every car owner who is shopping for auto insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Tennessee drivers need to learn how big insurance companies determine what you pay because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Memphis with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn substantially lower rates.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Fiesta insurance in Memphis.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see insurers with the best discounts in Memphis, click this link.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fiesta insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Fiesta, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Fiesta. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive and independent insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Memphis.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Memphis car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you're trying to find a local Memphis insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Memphis can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Memphis who can help you get free insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 762-8585 - View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 372-4580 - View Map
- Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd - Memphis, TN 38118 - (901) 797-8665 - View Map
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - April Gainer
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd #247 - Memphis, TN 38116 - (901) 398-7200 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Angie Hooten-Hughes
6803 Summer Ave - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 373-6060 - View Map
- Kevin White - State Farm Insurance Agent
2861 Poplar Ave - Memphis, TN 38111 - (901) 652-8484 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Memphis?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?