Comparing Memphis car insurance quotes online may seem complicated initially if you've never compared online insurance quotes. But keep reading because there is an easy way to compare rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Memphis.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many consumers in Memphis could cut their rates by roughly $475 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
Keep in mind that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Tennessee. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$272||$350||$20||$104||$882||$74|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$284||$448||$378||$22||$114||$1,246||$104|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$440||$304||$18||$90||$1,066||$89|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$544||$326||$20||$98||$1,230||$103|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$194||$368||$272||$16||$82||$932||$78|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$242||$500||$376||$22||$112||$1,252||$104|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$304||$278||$16||$82||$840||$70|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$216||$438||$272||$16||$82||$1,024||$85|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$342||$390||$24||$116||$1,044||$87|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$198||$350||$294||$18||$88||$948||$79|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$272||$518||$294||$18||$88||$1,190||$99|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$314||$294||$18||$88||$882||$74|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$330||$326||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$320||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Memphis garaging location which can affect coverage rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change GMC Sierra insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Slash rates with these discounts on GMC Sierra insurance in Memphis
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis car insurance quote when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Memphis and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, defensive driver, seat belt use, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, student away at school, home ownership, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen driver, early shopping, good student, business and professional, and distant student.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, renters, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for location of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, accident-free, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policies in Memphis.
How do Insurance Companies Determine GMC Sierra Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate premiums.
Insurance rates for married couples - Your spouse may cut your premiums on auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Can a thief steal your car? - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Do you know you're credit history? - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your GMC Sierra by improving your rating.
Obey driving laws and save - Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one chargable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford - Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Your vocation can affect rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as judges, architects and dentists tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like actors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Claim-free discounts can add up - If you file a lot of claims don't be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Tennessee generally give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is designed for more catestrophic claims.
Insurance losses for a GMC Sierra - Insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
GMC Sierra Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Sierra 1500 2WD||89||122||106|
|GMC Sierra 1500 4WD||97||86||79|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||87||99||132||69||69||89|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||89||102||114||52||51||73|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||98||109||96||70|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||78||85||89||65||56||94|
|GMC Sierra 2500 4WD||70||56|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||63||101|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||91||118||105||43||50||90|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||67||108||85||40|
|GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||85||128||121||35|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Memphis that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Memphis for you
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Memphis who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 432-5551 - View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 766-0200 - View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 372-4580 - View Map
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are Memphis exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Michelle L Wilson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Poplar Ave Ste 439 - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 590-1922 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Angie Hooten-Hughes
6803 Summer Ave - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 373-6060 - View Map
- Derrick Hodges - State Farm Insurance Agent
7249 Winchester Rd - Memphis, TN 38125 - (901) 572-1985 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing a policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Who is covered when they drive my GMC Sierra?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Cheap car insurance is out there
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
More affordable car insurance in Memphis is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
As you quote Memphis car insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Oak Ridge, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)