Would you like to buy the cheapest Honda CR-V insurance in Knoxville? Online price comparisons for the cheapest Honda CR-V insurance in Knoxville can seem complicated if you have never used online rate comparisons. Don't be confused because there is an easy way to compare rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Knoxville.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of Tennessee drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save themselves 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Knoxville is actually quite simple. Basically, every driver who needs lower cost auto insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. But Tennessee vehicle owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Knoxville auto insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Telematics Discount - Knoxville drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount - Certain larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, and bundle.
If you need affordable Honda CR-V insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Knoxville. To find insurance companies with the best Honda CR-V insurance discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Knoxville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$180||$250||$322||$20||$96||$868||$72|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$176||$306||$332||$20||$100||$934||$78|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$166||$306||$230||$14||$70||$786||$66|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$254||$310||$322||$20||$96||$1,002||$84|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$214||$380||$278||$16||$84||$972||$81|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$134||$190||$250||$14||$74||$662||$55|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Knoxville garaging location which can affect prices considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Honda CR-V yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Car insurance liability limits - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Advanced theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart vehicle theft.
Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in areas with lower population has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Avoid policy lapses - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Tennessee DMV.
Honda CR-V historical loss data - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Honda CR-V Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Knoxville who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Knoxville are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Knoxville exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Clark Dugger - State Farm Insurance Agent
4010 Fountain Valley Dr #1 - Knoxville, TN 37918 - (865) 922-2195 - View Map
- Robin Porter - State Farm Insurance Agent
4806 Washington Pike - Knoxville, TN 37917 - (865) 546-0668 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Keith Schneider
9700 Kingston Pike Ste 1 - Knoxville, TN 37922 - (865) 691-9077 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Knoxville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- IRM Insurance
11470 Parkside Dr #300 - Knoxville, TN 37934 - (865) 579-0500 - View Map
- CROSSROADS INSURANCE AGENCY
3214 Tazewell Pike - Knoxville, TN 37918 - (865) 689-8486 - View Map
- Graham and Cook Insurance
11915 Kingston Pike Suite 100 - Knoxville, TN 37934 - (865) 671-0754 - View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Honda CR-V
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Knoxville, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Tennessee is wasting up to $825 a year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Knoxville auto insurance, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Knoxville is available both online and with local Knoxville insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to find affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Knoxville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Honda CR-V rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Tennessee Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tennessee Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)