Feel like you're a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you're not alone.
It's shocking but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Tennessee renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in America could save an average of nearly $860 each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. With so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the lowest price auto insurance company.
You need to shop coverage around every six months because auto insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Ford Focus insurance in Memphis a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Ford Focus insurance in Memphis.
We hope to tell you the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison quotes from multiple carriers.
Ford Focus insurance discounts in Memphis
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- Travelers may include discounts for payment discounts, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, driver training, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, mature driver, switch companies, pay in full, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, claim free, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good student, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, annual mileage, accident-free, location of vehicle, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Memphis.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to actually drive to local Memphis insurance agencies. Comparing Ford Focus insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Memphis, TN. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,070||$89|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$448||$378||$22||$114||$1,208||$101|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$404||$376||$22||$112||$1,066||$89|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$408||$298||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$304||$314||$18||$94||$872||$73|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$158||$278||$428||$26||$128||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in your specific Memphis location which can alter premiums significantly.
Policy deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Ford Focus insurance prices for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Focus book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault claims raise Ford Focus auto insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are Memphis car insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Ford Focus insurance in Memphis.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Memphis?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
How much can you save?
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Focus insurance in Memphis. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Murfreesboro, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)