Expensive insurance in Memphis can drain your family's budget and make it impossible to make ends meet.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save nearly $860 each year, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy. Since you have so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Dodge Ram in Memphis, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the most affordable insurance company.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to learn the best way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Memphis seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to buy car insurance instantly.
Score discounts on Memphis car insurance
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small discount on rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Ram can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premiums.
To find car insurance companies who offer online Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Memphis, click here.
Getting cheaper car insurance pricing is a fairly straight forward process. Just spend a little time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the trained advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies offer quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$310||$428||$26||$128||$1,146||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$156||$236||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$244||$368||$22||$110||$878||$73|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$270||$508||$424||$26||$126||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$312||$552||$440||$26||$132||$1,462||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$228||$372||$440||$26||$132||$1,198||$100|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$216||$388||$368||$22||$110||$1,104||$92|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$196||$342||$424||$26||$126||$1,114||$93|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$176||$298||$342||$20||$102||$938||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$150||$274||$342||$20||$102||$888||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$170||$320||$394||$24||$118||$1,026||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$356||$528||$428||$26||$128||$1,466||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$284||$486||$336||$20||$100||$1,226||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$254||$440||$440||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$198||$278||$428||$26||$128||$1,058||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$208||$328||$336||$20||$100||$992||$83|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$196||$350||$342||$20||$102||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$166||$314||$424||$26||$126||$1,056||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$150||$314||$342||$20||$102||$928||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$304||$596||$332||$20||$100||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Memphis location which can impact prices greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Dodge Ram insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Find Dodge Ram Insurance More Affordably
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
- Occupation impacts premiums - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and medical professionals have the highest rates due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Having a spouse is a good thing - Being married helps lower the price on car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Cheaper rates by bundling - Lots of insurers afford a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Safer vehicles are cheaper to insure - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
You may require the services of an agent
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Memphis who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been open in Memphis?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you want a good Memphis insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Memphis can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Memphis exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Memphis independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cover all your bases
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Memphis can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is available below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Germantown, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tennessee Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tennessee Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Oak Ridge, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tennessee Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)