Would you like to find more affordable car insurance rates in Memphis, TN? Memphis consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Honda Crosstour insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes on a Honda and obtain the lowest price either online or from Memphis insurance agents.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Tennessee. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Multi-line Discount - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Honda can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, payment discounts, save driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, driver's education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include drive less, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you are trying to find low cost Memphis car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Memphis. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Memphis, click here to view.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Crosstour insurance, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What are good deductibles for a Honda Crosstour?
- What if I total my Honda Crosstour and owe more than it's worth?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Memphis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Memphis who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a good Memphis insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis who may provide free rate quotes.
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 - Memphis, TN 38134 - (901) 372-4580 - View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave - Memphis, TN 38119 - (901) 766-0200 - View Map
- Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 - Memphis, TN 38133 - (901) 386-4777 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Memphis willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Candace Hall
1444 E Shelby Dr #329 - Memphis, TN 38116 - (901) 345-2615 - View Map
- Bobby Gorman - State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd - Memphis, TN 38117 - (901) 767-1361 - View Map
- Ron Willis - State Farm Insurance Agent
3486 Poplar Ave #102 - Memphis, TN 38111 - (901) 454-7912 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?