Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable Honda Civic insurance in Memphis? Locating the most affordable Memphis Honda Civic insurance quotes over the internet can be rather challenging for drivers new to comparison shopping on the internet. With more and more insurance companies available, how can you possibly compare them all to find the cheapest rates?
Regrettably, 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Tennessee can cut their rates by up to 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy.
It's a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Honda Civic insurance in Memphis a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to find better coverage on Honda Civic insurance in Memphis at a better price.
This article's intent is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Although Tennessee vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage on the web. Comparing prices online for Honda Civic insurance in Memphis is pretty easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Honda Civic insurance in Memphis streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find the best rate.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Tennessee. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$552||$390||$24||$116||$1,322||$110|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$544||$326||$20||$98||$1,174||$98|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$350||$304||$18||$90||$898||$75|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$136||$368||$408||$24||$122||$1,058||$88|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$450||$278||$16||$82||$994||$83|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$278||$378||$22||$114||$928||$77|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$474||$436||$26||$130||$1,220||$102|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$510||$378||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$424||$272||$16||$82||$966||$81|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$688||$470||$28||$140||$1,564||$130|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$596||$304||$18||$90||$1,222||$102|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$132||$362||$470||$28||$140||$1,132||$94|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$342||$390||$24||$116||$1,044||$87|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$216||$566||$380||$22||$114||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Civic car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Civic insurance in Memphis
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Memphis auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current Civic insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor vehicle usage remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Tennessee, click this link.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Civic in Memphis, buying insurance is required in Tennessee but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Honda and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Tennessee?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Comparing prices from local Memphis insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Memphis who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following are Memphis auto insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Memphis.
- Farmers Insurance - April Gainer
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd #247 - Memphis, TN 38116 - (901) 398-7200 - View Map
- Denise Perino - State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Knight Arnold Rd - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 362-6552 - View Map
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 362-0545 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy - Memphis, TN 38115 - (901) 365-2008 - View Map
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Memphis?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can adequately provide auto insurance.